Pages

Monday, July 1, 2019

My Gabriel Moreno Art!

 WALT: Create an image in the style of Gabriel Moreno.

This is my Gabriel Moreno Art from the start of this term. The key features of this art we texture, light, dark and patterns. Before everyone in my class did Gabriel Moreno art we had to practice doing zentangle art so we could put some of it in our Gabriel Moreno art.
How I made this:
1: Mr Pickard had to take a photo of the side of my face.
2: I had to get the photo and a piece of paper.
3: I then had to go to a window with my photo and paper and trace my face onto the paper.
4: After that I started to draw zentangle patterns or any patters onto my face and around it.
5: I got a black pen and went around it and then finally I was done.
After lunch our teacher Mr Pickard would read a book to us for a couple of minutes while we would do our Gabriel Moreno art. I enjoyed doing this art alot but one thing I could have done was maybe made it a bit more dark and done some more interesting patterns. Have you ever seen Gabriel Moreno art or at least made your own piece of art in the style of it?

This is one of Gabriel Moreno's pieces of art that my teacher showed us to give us an idea on what to do. It has patterns on it and also it is Light and Dark in places. What do you think of his art?

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lyla-Rose, I’m Izaiah from Paihia School. Your piece of art is outstanding. I recently commented on another student in your class about Gabriel Moreno’s art. All of the students in your class, (including you) have a special talent. The art that I viewed of Gabriel’s is very impressive. I love that you have used different varieties of patterns to make your art stand out and pop. The zentangle patterns you drew were very bold and not too detailed to the point where the image is too hard to recognize. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyla my name is Nikara, I’m am year 6 student at Paihia School. I really like your artwork that you have made. I especially liked the parts that you did a light shade and then went a little darker. If I was to make this, it would of taken me a long time. Did you find it hard adding so much detail? I can’t wait to read more of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIa Ora Lyla- Rose. My name is Taleisha. I am a year 8 student and I attend Paihia School. Wow! All your classmates (and you) should be extremely proud of your art. I’m not much of an artist but your use of patterns and use of darkness and lightness is really detailed. I have done something like this before in the past but it wasn’t Gabriel Moreno inspired. How long did this art take you? Great job and keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyla-Rose my name is Jade and I am a year 6 student at Paihia school. I loved the way you stated your steps. Your work of art is beautiful, you are so good at art, do you ever think you could be an artist when you are older? Was it hard to do the art and then write about it?

    ReplyDelete